04 November 2008

Cube Unit 540: Picture hanging on flimsy walls

(Part 4 in a series)

3 b&w
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

So I picked the 3 black and white and the first pagoda picture (d) since that was my initial instinct. I got them printed this weekend and "framed" and hung them up today. Since I couldn't possibly hang real frames on my cube's fabric walls, I came up with an ingenious alternative with the help of a salesgirl at the Omer de Serres. I had found some Elite Frameless Frames (the 8x10 for a 5x7 photo size), but wasn't sure how to attach them to my flimsy walls. She suggested some adhesive hangers. And because the Interior Decorating Gods were thinking of me, I got the mistake package that had an extra one in it! Since the end result is not very heavy, I just hung them up with a thumbtack and now I have properly framed looking photos. I promise to post pictures when my whole cube re-do is finished.

I think I'll eventually get the 3 stones and the pagoda picture (f) printed and then I can switch between them for a change every now and then. The observant amongst you will remember that there were actually FIVE pictures shown in my cube layout.

Cube Layout Plan
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

The one above my light, to the right side of my computer, is a picture of my sweetie that I took in Stanley Park when we were in Vancouver in August. It makes me smile every time I glance at it.

1 comments:

Blaise said... Best Blogger Tips

i was a little annoyed when I was told by our landlords that they had a strict no holes in walls policy, even for little hanging nails, but she pointed us to the adhesive hooks that are very common here. We bought 3 for the bathroom and I have to say i'm quite impressed so far. Bought the 3M ones in particular and they hold up bathrobes no problem. yay!