19 November 2014

Little bits of sewing


Elliott Bunny

I've done some small sewing projects of late. The most significant is a new bunny because we are expecting a new small person in the spring. The Wee Lass is super excited to be a big sister and helped stuff the arms and picked out the lining fabric for the ears (it's a Liberty print).


Elliott and Oscar

The new bunny is named Elliott, after the source of the body fabric, just like Oscar. Here they are together, Oscar looking very well-loved (and oft-laundered) compared to Elliott, who is patiently waiting for his little person.


Zoe in her dress

The Wee Lass and I also made a dress for Zoe, the dolly we made together some time ago.


cloth napkins

On a more practical note, I recently made some cloth napkins from IKEA tea towels. I just cut the (39-cent) tea towels in half and hemmed the raw edge. I got the idea here. I chose to wash, dry, and iron before cutting in half and hemming, but it was still a super quick and satisfying project to add a few more napkins to our stack.

Photographs and artwork by Allison Gryski. © All rights reserved.

0 comments: