17 December 2008

Cube Unit 540: an update


cube unit 540 (after)
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

So I'm sure you're all wondering what happened to my workspace redesign. Well I keep procrastinating on assembling my fira chest and I was wanting to hold off until I'd done that. But I decided since I'm already enjoying what I've done that some pictures of a partially completed makeover are better than none.


cube unit 540 (after)
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

And I had to do it before all the plants croaked. I just don't have the knack with houseplants. The fern was so unhappy even at home that I've never bothered to lug it into work. The bamboo has been getting a little yellow at the base of the stems, which I think is lack of light, but it is growing. The mystery plant seems content and has even shot up a pale green shoot of some sort.

However, despite the minor issues, some of my lack of finishing is probably because I love what I've done so far. The pictures and lamp made a massive difference and the bamboo and mystery plant do add a nice bit of lively green.


cube unit 540 (after)
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

My sister and I used to make lots of paper snowflakes and I still enjoy making some every year. Last year I made some along with another friend for lainevierge's Christmas tree and this year I made some to hang off my shelf at work.

1 comments:

scjody said... Best Blogger Tips

(been meaning to reply to this for a while :)

I have a couple of houseplants that are pretty much indestructible provided you water them every couple of weeks (they prefer more, of course.) You're welcome to a cutting or two...