08 June 2009

A card for the morbid romantic?


skulls in love
Originally uploaded by allisongryski


Some dear and unusual friends recently got married and as they have rather non-traditional tastes (their wedding cake was black and red and decorated with skulls), I decided that a shiny white wedding card wasn't going to really be quite right. So in order to make them a special card, I carved a new stamp... a skull with hearts for eye sockets.

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope the card made them smile. I now, however, have a stamp that isn't quite in my usual style. I'm debating whether or not I should make some similar cards for my shop or if it really was for an audience of two. So here's the question ... would YOU buy a card with a skull that only has eyes for love? You'll find the poll in the sidebar.

3 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

While they obviously aren't for anyone, my immediate thought was "I know a few folks those cards would be PERFECT for!"

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this, especially the black on pink. I really think they'd be a hit on etsy, too.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

It's hard (for me) to vote since the categories didn't quite fit.
It isn't exactly too weird or "eek", (which are great categories, btw) but also I wouldn't buy any.

Having said that, ....
I think you would have some interest on Etsy. Go for it!