11 July 2008

how to peel a raw egg


icy egg
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

Yesterday I made some muffins and discovered that two of our eggs were cracked. I thought we'd just gotten them that way from the market and was feeling mildly annoyed. Today I found the real reason. I think the top shelf of our fridge is extra cold and they were just freezing. I had the very surreal experience of peeling this raw egg. The yolk was still liquid, but the whites had all frozen, so I peeled off the shell like it was hard boiled. I just plopped it in a bowl and figure we'll make scrambled eggs with it or something. When it thaws.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Did the egg thaw to normal?

Allison said... Best Blogger Tips

Well I didn't try baking with it or anything. It seemed to work fine in scrambled eggs.