06 July 2008

Summer hols


dusk in the country
Originally uploaded by allisongryski


I recently had a short holiday in the country. It was glorious and relaxing.



I spent almost all of one day in various places on the dock reading decorating magazines, paddling my feet in the water, and eating fresh strawberries.


I did some painting.


I read three books (Gifts by Ursula K. LeGuin, Thornyhold by Mary Stewart, and Od Magic by Patricia McKillip). I saw my sister's new house and got bitten by the mosquitoes in her backyard. I walked along a beach and sat on the rocks by a lighthouse. I went to the farmer's market and flea market in town and even found some vintage sheet additions for my picnic quilt at a thrift shop.



I watched sunsets.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish I was there with you!
Sounds so relaxing and the scenery is beautiful.