29 September 2009

Which layout is nicer?


Monet's Garden patchwork layout #1
Originally uploaded by allisongryski


I've washed, ironed, and cut squares out of my chosen fabrics and now I just need to choose a layout. I'm calling it my Monet's Garden patchwork pillow because the palette reminds me of Water Lilies (The Clouds) by Monet. The first layout is random, the second one has the darker squares forming a border. So which do you think is better (see poll in sidebar)? I'm totally torn at the moment.


Monet's Garden patchwork layout #2
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like the first one. Despite being random, it seems to flow together quite well.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I got an error when I tried to use the voting thingy, so I don't think my vote got counted: I like the first one (random) better. Love the fabrics!

Camilla G. said... Best Blogger Tips

So I think that it depends on the effect you're aiming for. The painting has the pond/cloud at the centre with surrounding greenery. I like the idea of a floaty centre with green around the edges, but perhaps if you softened the darker edge and made it less square and more pond-edgy. Just a thought...C.

Mark Cote said... Best Blogger Tips

I too like #1 and have voted accordingly. It only looks really random when contrasted with a decidedly nonrandom one like #2.

I also really like the colour scheme. Probably the nicest quilt I've ever seen!