09 April 2008

Watering Can linocut design


Watering Can linocut
Originally uploaded by allisongryski


Sometimes the boot of an awaiting audience (however small) is enough to get you going quickly. So here's the watering can linocut that I'm working on. I think it still needs a bit more cleaning up, and I'm not sure if I want to keep the border or not.

I've definitely got to work out a better way to print it. My cardstock is quite thick and textured, so it would probably look even more patchy on that surface with my current technique. I have a proper roller and ink that I have yet to try out since that's not really good for a quick test-print and I am expecting that to give a cleaner print. I've been reliably informed that the bottom of a baby food jar is good for simulating a press and the tutorial that I linked to before suggested the back of a spoon.

0 comments: