09 February 2009

A Fabric Scrap Drawstring Bag

My quilt generated quite a lot of little bits of fabric (not to mention the tiny leftover bits from my bunting) and I was storing them in a little box. But it was not very convenient to store, nor very pretty.

So, I turned this:

scraps
Originally uploaded by allisongryski



Into this:

fabric scrap bag
Originally uploaded by allisongryski


Sitting in front are my remaining quilt squares. I used 3 long strips of fabric out of the scrap box to make the drawstring bag to hold the rest of the scraps. Much prettier!

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, how lovely! As soon as I have enough scaps, I shall make myself a fabric scrap bag.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I like sewing gift bags because then I get to use such fun Christmas-themed fabric. The opportunity to showcase the vignettes in these bags or sometimes on cardstock is too irrestible.

I'm like a magpie when it comes to gold- or silver-highlighted designs. It's hard to resist when I see them discounted 70% after Christmas! But I just *have* to stop buying this fabric until I've committed to sell in a craft fair. Incentive to make a stockpile would help.