06 February 2009

Breath in, be inspired


crafty
Originally uploaded by allisongryski

February is a short little month and many of us feel down-trodden by the weather, so the remedy for me is to celebrate! With lots of February birthdays, I get a good start. This year I'm adding in a creative afternoon with some of my crafty girlfriends on the very last day, which conveniently happens to be a Saturday. (I used the pretty invitation above, available at pingg.com).

in.spi.ra.tion
[in-spuh-rey-shuhn]
.noun
  1. an inspiring or animating action or influence
  2. something inspired, as an idea.
  3. a result of inspired activity.
  4. a thing or person that inspires.
  5. Theology.
    1. a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
    2. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
  6. the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
  7. the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.
Inspired by this wordplay project that I followed on some artsy blogs last year, I've created a similar challenge. It's neat to see how different creative minds interpret the same single word and how varied the final creations are.

If you'd like to play along, I've set up this wordplay copycat flickr group for everyone to share what they create. There are no rules about what media you use or what the final format of your creation is (you can even upload videos in case your creativity runs to dance, music, or other performance art). But whatever you make, it must be created during the specified time period (in this case February-March) and be inspired by the word assigned.

So without further ado, the word is "Burst".

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for making this flickr set-up an open group!

I love the incentive a theme like "Burst" gives me. February is such a tedious month and I always seem to get into the doldrums.