19 October 2009

Amsterdam bicycles

I couldn't skip posting about bicycles when talking about Amsterdam. They are everywhere. IN HUGE QUANTITIES. And it's brilliant, awesome, and so much fun. We rented bicycles for two of our days there and it was so easy to zip around. I had a wonderful postcard holiday montage moment when we were riding through a park, side by side, along a tree-lined avenue. I just felt like I was in the romanticized movie-version of my life for a moment.

Here's a few of the pictures I took featuring bicycles.


green bicycle



bicycles by the canal



lots of bicycles



cyclist controlled lights



bicycle path



study of a bicycle


If you ever visit Amsterdam, I recommend renting from the somewhat incognito black-bikes.com.


Photographs by Allison Gryski. © All rights reserved.

0 comments: