17 December 2010

Snow and Stars


Winter Wonderland


I woke up to a lovely winter fairyland this morning. By the time I was ready to run some errands, it was looking more like this ...


Snowy Day


That photo isn't out of focus -- there's just a white haze from all the big fluffy flakes falling. I was absolutely covered in melting white fluff by the time I got to the grocery store. (Apparently the snow is closing down public transportation ... seems so strange to my Canadian upbringing.) It is so pretty and Christmas-card-like out, though! It has also meant a brighter day, so I took some more pictures of my star garland and stitched them together so you can see the whole thing. (click here to view larger)


Complete Star Garland


In other yarn-related news, the other day I acquired my planned yarn basket when I went to the market. I love having something prettier and more functional that an assortment of plastic bags! Now I've just got to get on with beading my candy cane garland, so that it's ready for tree-decorating on the solstice.


Yarn Basket


Photographs and artwork by Allison Gryski. © All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Barbara Prime said... Best Blogger Tips

I love those market bags. My sister picked up a similar one in France. I manage with a canvas tote bag, and a little shoe-organizer thing with canvas cubby-holes. They still get messy in a hurry, though.

Susan M, Fibre Arts said... Best Blogger Tips

Snow! I love big fluffy flakes.