31 January 2011

Re-using my Dotted Fabric


Cube and Pin Cushion


I mentioned that I salvaged the fabric that I'd covered my desk chair in and used some of it in a new project. And here's the "ta da" post! I used a piece for one side of my turquoise fabric cube and another little piece in making a tiny pin cushion. And there's still plenty leftover.


Tiny Pin Cushion


I'd had the pin cushion tutorial bookmarked for ages, but I never had any stuffing on hand before, so I never made one. It was pretty instant gratification aside from the fact that I used regular craft glue since I don't have a hot glue gun. The glue did sort of soak through the trim in a couple places, so I'd probably try to use a minimal amount if I did it again. I'm not sure whether or not this is an issue with the hot glue. I do love its adorable mushroom shape and it's been useful already since I'm on a bit of a sewing spree lately.

Photographs and artwork by Allison Gryski. © All rights reserved.

1 comments:

Susan M, Fibre Arts said... Best Blogger Tips

This the *cutest* pin cushion I've ever seen! I love the polka dots.